The Rest Of My Life

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Paleo | Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Trust me when I say, these (or you may think me) will be your best friend after attempting to make these. Not only do they taste absolutely orgasmic, but you could not even tell they're Paleo... As in, you can tell yourself "but they're healthy right"?

In case you are not aware of Paleo; also known as "caveman" diet. It's a diet that consists of foods that can be fished and hunted, such as seafood and meat, and foods that can be gathered, such as eggs, fruits, herbs, insects, mushrooms, nuts, seeds, spices, and vegetables. Sounds crazy right? I actually practice mainly Paleo, Vegan and Vegetaran dishes in the kitchen. My method is to find dishes in mainly these three categories that you could not tell actually taste that great for you but really are. ESPECIALLY when it comes to sweets, since I am a "cupcake lover".

Moving on to the good stuff... I came across this recipe on Pinterest and haven't looked back since. Even as many looks in "EWW" I have received. After trying these, not one person has not asked me for the recipe. This recipe can be found on Taylor Made's blog and the recipe is as follows...




Ingredients:
2 bananas
*1 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)< I actually prefer Justin's Almond Butter w/ a hint of honey
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or dark chocolate chips)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper/silicon liners.
3.  Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together in a blender/food processor until everything is incorporated.
4. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Fill cups 3/4 full with batter (you can top them with more chocolate chips if you want!)
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Let cool on wire rack and remove from tin.
8. Let them actually cool before you burn your mouth off. Although, they just could be worth it...
Makes about 12 muffins.

If you plan on making all twelve just for yourself (guilty), these also are great to put in the freezer and for a grab and go breakfast muffin! I also highly suggest making them now.... It is Saturday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment