The Rest Of My Life

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Green Smoothie Challenge

I came across this challenge via Instagram, their username is SimpleGreenSmoothies

They do monthly challenges ever so often and provide you with the recipes. For $5.00 you can go to their website and print off a PDF file of all 30 recipes. That way you can go to Costco and buy almost everything in bulk and store a majority of it in the freezer beforehand. Otherwise, they just send you the recipes and grocery lists weekly.

I recommend buying mason jars for this challenge, which you can get for as little as $23.87 on Amazon. That way if you're doing this at all for dietary reasons, it fills up to two servings. One as a snack, and the other as a meal replacement. I chose to do this mainly to apply to my New Years resolution, which is Saucha in Sanaskrit AKA Purity one of the Niyamas ... Along with reaching the goal of Miranda Kerr's body as well. 

There are a few recipes I have made that are a few of my favorites that you should try. Below I put a few extra tips for getting the best results...


  • The trick to making a green smoothie is blending the liquids and the greens first, then adding in the fruits etc. 
  • If you have a Vitamix or Ninja, these are the best blenders (and a great investment).
  • I find myself sometimes straining some of the smoothies because of the thickness and texture. When you do that they end up becoming more of a green juice, rather then a smoothie, which is just as delicious!
  • I sometimes sub certain fruits such as bananas in particular. Or i'll add in a few other things such as, Flax Seeds, PB2, Probiotic Good Belly drink etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment