The Rest Of My Life

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Gluten Free | Raspberry Coconut Cake

Let me start off by saying this was on a TOTAL whim. I was on a baking spree today and thought I should use a remainder of my ingredients and come up with a summer cake for my family brunch tomorrow. Not only is it gluten "sort of guilty" free, but it's fresh and light as well. I have been on a sweet binge lately and this more then satisfied my craving.


Ingredients:

-Raspberries 
-Pinch of sea salt
-1/2 cup almond flour
-1 cup coconut flour
-1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 tbs honey
-2 eggs
-1 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of cold water

*Preheat oven to 400


-Try and use a deep dish cake pan about 12' inches, if possible (otherwise just bake for longer). Spray with nonstick or coconut oil spray prior.

-Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and in a separate medium bowl, mix the liquids together... Leave raspberries for last

-Slowly mix the liquid into the dry mix

-Chop raspberries with a large blade, but try to leave them in bigger chunks as possible.

-Mix in raspberries slowly with a flat rubber spatula and flip into batter about three or four times

-Flatten the mix in the dish and sprinkle a bit more toasted coconut on top and bake for 20 minutes



-Let sit for about 10 minutes, then sift powdered sugar on top 


Lastly, and most importantly. Pair this cake with a nice glass of red wine and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment